Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Cyser
Actually, a little of both. Honey takes longer to ferment than sugar and it just seems to taste a lot better the longer it sits. Most mead recipes will tell you the same thing, the longer it ages the better it is. A really good web site for mead/honey wine is www.gotmead.com, they have great information on cysers, melomels, etc. I hope this helps! Good luck and happy brewing! Frankexeterbass wrote: Has the honey really delayed the fermentation process so much that it takes one month to produce the wine, or do you let it sit for that long because you want the flavors to blend more? --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, Frank Deans wrote: > > I warmed about 2 cups of apple juice in the micro and dissolved the honey in it. It does take longer for the yeast to get the honey going, and once bottled it gets better with age. I did one with the ez caps and one without. The one without will take about 6 months to age right. The ez caps will be really good in about 1 month. Thanks for the email! Hope it works out for you too. > exeterbass wrote:How long did you have to wait for the honey to dissolve in the apple > juice? Yahoo! Groups Links * To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E-Z-Caps/ * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: E-Z-Caps-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. Do you Yahoo!?Yahoo! Mail - More reliable, more storage, less spamORGINAL POSTER: frank