Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about clarifying
my question is, i put a bottle in the refrigerator for 2 days and it is still cloudy ? how transparent should it be ? how long should it stay in the frig ? would taking off the e-z cap help to fix this ?

If you take off the EZ cap, your drink will lose it's carbonation unless you replace it with a regular cap.

Clarification takes a different amount of time for different types of juices, and people have different levels of clarification that they seek. To get a perfectly clear beverage, it may take longer than two days. The longer it sits, the more clear it gets. The colder it is, the faster it clears.
I had a 5 gallon batch of white wine that took almost 6 months to clear naturaly. If you are in a hurry try a product named Sparkeloid. It is easy and fast and leaves the wine extreemly clear. If you live in a cold climate you can also use what is refered to as cold filtering. When the temp stays between 32 and 35 F. place the wine outside for 3 or so days. Be sure to protect it from direct sunlight. If your alcohol level is 10% or higher the mixture will not freeze but may get a bit slushy. When you bring it back in the house be carefull not to shake the bottle as this will mix the sediment back into the wine. Place it in the fridge so it will slowly warm up before you store it at room temp. If you are making bubbly don't use this method as you will probably lose all the bubbles.

If you are using EZ Caps then you are probably just looking for a quick drinking alcohol beverage so dont worry about trying to clear the wine just syphon it out of the 2 litre bottle and drink away. If I want to impress someone I will go down to my basement and pull out a bottle I made 5 years ago but with EZ Caps I can save that for special occasions. When I am having friends over I will just whip together a couple 2 litre bottles of EZ Cap wine 7-10 days in advance and everyone loves the stuff.