Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottle Size
Hi, i recently received my set of EZ CAPS. I very excited to start my new hobby. My question is, can I use 1 liter bottles? I want to experiment with different recipes on a small scale, then go to the 2 liter bottles if the recipes are a success. Also how much yeast should i add to it, a pinch?
portage600 Wrote:Hi, i recently received my set of EZ CAPS. I very excited to start my new hobby. My question is, can I use 1 liter bottles? I want to experiment with different recipes on a small scale, then go to the 2 liter bottles if the recipes are a success. Also how much yeast should i add to it, a pinch?

The topic of alternative size bottles has been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2109&p=2615&hilit=bottle+size#p2615

In a nutshell,using the smaller size bottles will result in shorter fermentation time, however I would not reduce the amount of yeast in the recipe. You need enough to get the fermentation started and the smaller sized doesn't change that.
ezcaps Wrote:
portage600 Wrote:Hi, i recently received my set of EZ CAPS. I very excited to start my new hobby. My question is, can I use 1 liter bottles? I want to experiment with different recipes on a small scale, then go to the 2 liter bottles if the recipes are a success. Also how much yeast should i add to it, a pinch?

The topic of alternative size bottles has been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2109&p=2615&hilit=bottle+size#p2615

In a nutshell,using the smaller size bottles will result in shorter fermentation time, however I would not reduce the amount of yeast in the recipe. You need enough to get the fermentation started and the smaller sized doesn't change that.
Thanks you solve my problem Smile