Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Hard Lemonade Experiment
It won't hurt your lemonade because when the yeast is growing it gets intothe billions in your beverage. I think adding a few thousand won't hurt.I let mine clarify for 2 to 3 days. That is just me though. I clarify mydrink, then transfer it to another container so that I can start anotherbatch right away. Your yeast should be good for a long time if you keep itin the fridge.At 04:06 PM 4/17/2004 +0000, you wrote:>I haven't thought of doing that, and I just put another dose of>yeast in being impatient like I always am. If I don't get any>results my way do you think it would hurt the lemonade to put>a "starter" in plus the 2 double doses of yeast? I don't wanna>waste all my yeast, I know it's kinda reuseable, but I don't want it>to take off and be really strong. One more question, how long>should I let it clarify to "reclaim" the most yeast from the mix?>>>--- Steve wrote:> > If you are interested in speeding up the process without> > using all your yeast I recommend that you make a yeast "starter">by adding a> > dose or two of yeast to a 1/4 cup of tepid water with 1 or tsp of>sugar.> > Let that sit for an hour before adding to the EZ Caps yeast. The>yeast will> > multiply a few (million?) times, giving you a good head start.> > It's also a good technique to use for beginning difficult>fermentations like> > citrus juices.> >> >> >> >> > At 12:51 PM 4/17/2004 +0000, you wrote:> > >After about four days the Lemonade hasn't started fermenting>really> > >well yet. I just put some orange juice concentrate in it last>night> > >and it feels a little bit more pressurized this morning. Weird.>If> > >it doesn't get better by tomorrow I will put another dose of yeast> > >in it and see what happens. Just giving an update, any ideas on>how> > >to speed it up I would appreciate though>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>ORGINAL POSTER: steve