Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?
She has no problem with alcohol in general Though she doesn't drink often,when she does she rarely has any stomach issue...other than the home madewine.----- Original Message -----From: "tinyjefferson" To: Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 4:50 PMSubject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?> That is interesting. Does she have that problem with alcohol in> general, or just the homemade wine?>>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, wrote:> > Yes, if it was a sanitation/bacterial problem you would almost> definately> > have foul odor and off taste. If the odor and taste of the two> batches was> > near identical I think you can rule this one out.> >> > Is it possible you didn't clear the "bad" batch long enough and> perhaps> > consumed a substantial amount of yeast and/or sediment?> >> > The reason I thought it was alcohol content is if I ferment a> batch fully> > (15-18%) my wife reports problems exactly as you described while I> have no> > such problem. If I ferment the same juice to 10-12% she no longer> > experiences the problem either. This has been the case on every> juice I've> > used other than Apple so I can only conclude the higher alcohol> content is> > the cause of her problem which she describes almost identically to> yours.> >> >> > ----- Original Message -----> > From: "tinyjefferson" > > To: > > Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 3:51 PM> > Subject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?> >> >> > > > It's the alcohol content that is causing the ache.> > >> > > I really don't think that is it. It's not the same type of ache> as> > > simply drinking too much. Besides, I could get a much higher> > > alcohol content drinking a few shots of any hard liquor and not> > > experience the stomach ache. Like I said, I only had the problem> > > with one batch. I made two bottles with the same juice on the> same> > > day, and one was fine, the other was not. I could be wrong, but> I> > > really don't believe a slightly higher alcohol content then beer> > > would be causing the problem. Even an alcohol content of 15%> isn't> > > much higher than any wine you would by off the shelf, and I have> > > never had any problem with any other wine. To me, logic dictates> > > that it must be a sanitation, or bacterial problem; that is the> only> > > variable that makes sense. Although, you might expect off> odors, or> > > a foul taste iORGINAL POSTER: justforfun69