Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: [E-Z-Caps] SAKI
Hey Craig, Very adventurous.To make sake, its little more complex as the yeast used is very different.I've seen a type of organic ""sweet rice"" available at health shop which may be the ideal rice type. I think the rice mash would benefit from some dried corn syrup, honey and then bottled, E-Z cap + yeast.I usually do a yeast starter first, ensuring that the yeast is robust and doing its job before I pitch in. (Yeast from E-Z Caps or harvested from commercially bottled beer). Cheers.Craig wrote: Hey, just a couple questions about this new recipe im trying; Saki. It's a very untraditional recipe that ive patched together from real recipes that could not be utilized with ez caps. I cooked some rice enough to mash it up, coursely.(definite grain structure intact but broken) while cooking i added sugar, because... well it was a whim. i smooshed it into the bottle and then added A little grape juice, honey, a teaspoon of red wine vinigar for acidity(this could be a mistake) Chopped raisins and then topped off the bottle to 90% with water(bottled).Its in day 3 and has turned from a transparent purple to an almost opaque tan. I dont actually have any formal questions. i am more or less am looking for insight, as to what you guys think will come out of the bottle in a week, give or take? Ive been hoping for either saki or a new form of combustable fuel. in any case ill let everyone know how it worked out!Yahoo! for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.ORGINAL POSTER: patrick