Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 14,487
» Latest member: ezcaps
» Forum threads: 1,001
» Forum posts: 2,599

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 153 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 153 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
FREE YEAST SALE!
Forum: FREE YEAST SALE
Last Post: ezcaps_phpbb3_import2
04-22-2020, 10:30 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 30,705
Here are the instructions...
Forum: Instructions
Last Post: Jackarce
07-26-2019, 07:15 AM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 42,333
Type of yeast?
Forum: Yeast
Last Post: Jackarce
07-04-2019, 12:10 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 43,527
Fermenting Time.
Last Post: VillaTempest
04-29-2019, 09:09 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 9,591
is it ok to strain the wi...
04-29-2019, 08:48 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 11,313
Converting Recipes
Forum: Recipes and questions
04-24-2019, 08:48 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 24,044
Bad Smell on grape juice/...
Forum: Forum Technical Problems
Last Post: WarnerHak
01-17-2019, 07:08 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 16,039
Can you accurately measur...
Forum: Recipes and questions
Last Post: ezcaps_phpbb3_import2
01-04-2019, 02:32 AM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 29,503
slow start fermentation
Last Post: WarnerHak
12-28-2018, 03:48 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,301
Re: [E-Z-Caps] product st...
Forum: Archives
Last Post: Elonso
12-20-2018, 03:23 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 9,093

Re: [E-Z-Caps] Hard Iced Tea
Posted by: yahoo - 02-26-2004, 04:07 AM - Forum: Archives - Replies (1)

I am intrigued by the question and would love to hear yourresults. I would steer away from lemon juice. It's hard (not impossible)to ferment drinks that are very acidic. I would recommend adding a heapingTBSP of low-pulp orange juice or apple juice concentrate. That may addenough nutrients for the yeast to eat up all the sugar. Adding only 1/2cup of sugar would make a very low alcoholic drink. I would start out witha cup and see how that goes.At 08:31 PM 2/26/2004 +0000, you wrote:>Is it possible to make a Hard Iced Tea with E-Z Caps? I make Iced>tea with about 1/2 cup sugar to a 2 liter bottle. I know I can up>the sugar in the mix, but what would it take for the tea to ferment>(lemon juice... how much, etc.)?>>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>ORGINAL POSTER: terracore

Print this item

Re: [E-Z-Caps] Beer
Posted by: yahoo - 02-23-2004, 09:06 AM - Forum: Archives - Replies (1)

That'll be great! Please let us know when you have. Thx, Kel> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:09:02 -0900> From: TerraCore Communications > Subject: Re: Beer>> I have made beer with EZ Caps using both DME and canned malt> syrup. The instructions on the malt is easily adapted to EZ Caps. I'm> simplifying the process and I'll be posting some beer recipes soon.>> At 01:11 PM 2/18/2004 -0700, you wrote:> >Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any success making Beer using> >E-Z-Caps and if so how? Any pointers? Thanks! KelORGINAL POSTER: pogl444

Print this item

Re: [E-Z-Caps] Shelf Life of Finished Product
Posted by: yahoo - 02-22-2004, 10:08 AM - Forum: Archives - Replies (1)

Left in the fridge, the drink will last at least 6 months. Idon't know the actual time because nothing has ever lasted that long in myfridge, but theoretically it could store well for years. If notrefrigerated, shelf life will depend on the alcohol content of thebeverage. Some drinks, like fine wines, will improve with aging up to acertain point. One thing you have to beware of is to make surefermentation has completely stopped if you are storing it outside thefridge if you aren't sealing it with an EZ Cap. If fermentation was stillactive when you put it in the fridge, it will restart upon reaching roomtemperature. If you are storing it in a regular bottle with a regular cap,this can lead to a busting bottle. How can you tell if the fermentationhas completely stopped? Before chilling the beverage, take a close look atthe beverage (before you open the cap) being careful not to disturbit. Look at it in the light. If you still see bubbles rising to thesurface, it's still fermenting.If you are aiming for a high-alcohol content drink, it's easy toregulate the fermentation because under most circumstances the yeast willdie when the beverage reaches 15% alcohol (18% with some juices) or for drybeverages, when all the sugars are used up. Sweet, low alcohol drinks areusually made by adding the sugar after fermentation has endednaturally. Alternatively, fermentation is ended prematurely bydeliberately killing the yeast by adding chemicals as part of theclarification process.At 01:54 PM 2/20/2004 +0000, you wrote:>I am brand new to EZ Caps system and have a question. How long will>wine/cider made with this system keep after opening a 2 liter bottle?>Is it better to transfer to smaller bottles and do they have to be>refrigerated when storing? Thanks for any help you can provide.>>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>ORGINAL POSTER: terracore

Print this item

Re: [E-Z-Caps] Beer
Posted by: yahoo - 02-22-2004, 10:08 AM - Forum: Archives - Replies (1)

I havemade beer with EZ Caps using both DME and canned malt syrup. Theinstructions on the malt is easily adapted to EZ Caps. I'msimplifying the process and I'll be posting some beer recipessoon.At 01:11 PM 2/18/2004 -0700, you wrote: Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any success making Beer using E-Z-Caps and if so how? Any pointers? Thanks! Kel Yahoo! Groups Links * To visit your group on the web, go to: * http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E-Z-Caps/ * * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: * E-Z-Caps-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com * * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.ORGINAL POSTER: terracore

Print this item

Shelf Life of Finished Product
Posted by: yahoo - 02-20-2004, 04:54 AM - Forum: Archives - Replies (1)

I am brand new to EZ Caps system and have a question. How long willwine/cider made with this system keep after opening a 2 liter bottle?Is it better to transfer to smaller bottles and do they have to berefrigerated when storing? Thanks for any help you can provide.ORGINAL POSTER: bjbeach2003

Print this item

Beer
Posted by: yahoo - 02-18-2004, 11:12 AM - Forum: Archives - Replies (1)

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any success making Beer using E-Z-Caps and if so how? Any pointers? Thanks! KelORGINAL POSTER: pogl444

Print this item

Replacement yeast
Posted by: yahoo - 02-17-2004, 05:37 AM - Forum: Archives - Replies (1)

Hi, I am very new to ez caps and was wondering what kind of yeastshould be purchased when the yeast that came with the pack runsout? I went to a couple of wine/beer making supply websites andthere are many different kinds. Also I have heard that liquid yeastmay work better than powdered/flaked yeast. Does anyone have anyinformation or opinions on this subject? Thanx in advance for yourquick reply. By the way, ez-caps is one hell of a cool invention!ORGINAL POSTER: ???

Print this item

Re: [E-Z-Caps] some questions about keeping the yeast
Posted by: yahoo - 02-03-2004, 03:05 AM - Forum: Archives - Replies (1)

At 04:11 AM 2/3/2004 +0000, you wrote:>I am new to EZ Caps and I have a couple of different drinks in the>making. I was wondering what I need to do to reuse the yeast. Do I>transfer the drink into a new container after it has clarified in>the refrigerator for a day or so and then reuse what is left in the>first container?Yes.> I was also wondering if you can just keep a bottle>that has used yeast in it with out anything in it or do you have to>keep it in a constant rotation?You can let it sit in the fridge for a long time without any juicein it.>Thanks.>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links>>To visit your group on the web, go to:> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E-Z-Caps/>>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> E-Z-Caps-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com>>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ORGINAL POSTER: terracore

Print this item

some questions about keeping the yeast
Posted by: yahoo - 02-02-2004, 07:10 AM - Forum: Archives - Replies (1)

I am new to EZ Caps and I have a couple of different drinks in themaking. I was wondering what I need to do to reuse the yeast. Do Itransfer the drink into a new container after it has clarified inthe refrigerator for a day or so and then reuse what is left in thefirst container? I was also wondering if you can just keep a bottlethat has used yeast in it with out anything in it or do you have tokeep it in a constant rotation? Thanks.ORGINAL POSTER: weezing4ever

Print this item

[E-Z-Caps] EZ-Caps group name/addresses have changed
Posted by: yahoo - 01-24-2004, 10:10 AM - Forum: Archives - Replies (1)

Hello,The moderator of the EZ-Caps group has changed the group's name.This means that both the group's email address and the group home pagelocation have changed.The group email address:E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.comThe group home page location:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E-Z-CapsIf you have links which point to this group or an address book entryfor the group, you should update them, as the old addresses will nolonger work.Regards,Yahoo! Groups Customer CareORGINAL POSTER: notify

Print this item